To download a copy of Julie’s resume in a word document, click here.
E-mail Julie for a list of references.
Digital Features & News Editor, CBS New York. September 2010 – Present. New York, N.Y.
- Produce and package WCBS-TV, 1010 WINS & WCBS 880’s on-air news product for the web
- Managing Editor of CBSNewYork.com’s “Best Of New York” section
- Executive Digital Editor for WLNY-TV’s ‘Live From The Couch’: A daily, 2 hour local news, lifestyle and entertainment show on WCBS-TV’s sister station
- Maintain CBSNewYork.com’s editorial calendar
- Consult with news directors for WCBS-TV, WFAN-AM, 1010 WINS & WCBS 880 on breaking and feature news for optimum digital coverage
- Recruit, direct and assign tasks to a dynamic, growing team of in-house and freelance writers
- Develop partnerships with local bloggers for site content
- New York market lead for all special digital projects, including iPhone/iPad Apps production and packaging television & radio specials
- Work directly with WCBS-TV and WLNY producers for collaboration and cross promotion of television and web initiatives
- Pitch and execute story and package ideas for web-exclusive content
- Work directly with CBS Radio sales team to coordinate selling of content verticals
- Manage CBSNewYork’s online presence as site’s Social Media Manager
- Recruit and supervise interns
- Work alongside the managing editor and editor-in-chief to generate ideas for coverage
- Conduct interviews, attend and cover select special events and New York City functions
- Reach out, develop and maintain relationships with PR contacts
Digital News Producer, WCBSTV.com. November 2009 – September 2010. New York, N.Y.
- Produce content and work to maximize site traffic for wcbstv.com, which set records among local CBS stations by seeing about 27,000,000 page views per month.
- Coordinate with WCBS-TV executive producers and directors for cross-promotion of on-air initiatives
- Communicate with WCBS-TV assignment desk for feature and breaking news stories
- Coach WCBS-TV’s on-air talent and executive editors on Twitter, Facebook integration in newscasts
- Write, edit and research news stories under strict deadlines
- Produce live video content
- Manage third party content to integrate it to wcbstv.com
- Edit television packages to become web-ready
- Manage wcbstv.com’s social media accounts
News Desk Associate/Electronic News Coordinator, WCBS-TV. May 2009 – June 2010. New York, N.Y.-
- Work from newsroom assignment desk in gathering information for a variety of breaking news and feature stories
- Manage scripts for on-air talent during live news broadcasts
- Coordinate the editing of teases for live, daily broadcasts
- Field produce, coordinate interviews as needed on feature stories
- Assist directors and producers in control room during live broadcasts
Sports Journalism Experience
Contributing Producer, WFAN.com. March 2011-Present. New York, N.Y.
- Pitch, produce and promote web-exclusive sports features for WFAN.com
- Book talent for phone interviews with professional athletes (like Harry Carson, Kris Humphries, Carmelo Anthony, Bernie Williams, Dara Torres, Chris Mullin) to produce original articles for WFAN.com
- Attend and cover New York City sports industry events to interview athletes on the red carpet
- Stay on top of sports headlines and breaking news to ensure timely coverage on WFAN.com
- Recruit writers and aid in coverage planning for special events like the US Open, Olympics
- Edit multimedia like slideshows, videos for WFAN.com
- Providence College. B.A. in Political Science (3.4 GPA), Writing Minor (3.4 GPA).
Specialities: Storytelling, news writing, local news, live television production, breaking news protocol, digital news production, HTML, CMS platforms, AP Style, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SEO best practices.